Date: 14 April 2020
COVID-19 POLICY STATEMENT
Preventing the Spread of COVID-19
Optical Terminations is committed to the health and welfare of our staff and customers.
To best minimise the spread of COVID-19 the following control measures will be implemented:
1. Self Quarantine.
Workers who need to self-quarantine should notify management and stay away from work if they have any COVID-19 symptoms at all. They should seek immediate medical attention if they become ill during the quarantine period and call ahead of arriving and mention their travel or contact history.
2. Preventing the Spread at work:
Simple hygiene practices, similar to those used to protect against the flu, can help prevent the spread of COVID-19 and other respiratory infections.
- Before work each day, each employee is instructed to check for symptoms of COVID-19 (this includes taking their temperature with a thermometer). If employees have a cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or a temperature above 37.3Co, they must not come into work and phone their supervisor;
- Clean your hands regularly with soap and water or alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- When working in a residency, clean hands before entering and after leaving the residence.
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue or bent elbow when coughing or sneezing, dispose of tissues immediately after use and wash your hands or apply hand sanitiser.
- Avoid touching your face, nose and mouth and shaking hands.
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is unwell.
- Try to stay 1.5 metres away from anyone coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you are unwell
- Minimise the number of people in confined areas or in close contact.
- Follow advice from health authorities on social distancing and public gatherings.
3. Physical Distancing in the Workplace:
The introduction of a physical isolation roster (where possible and appropriate), so that not all employees start and finish work at the same time.
Employees are encouraged, where possible to travel to and from work as well as between sites in their own vehicles (without passengers) if they have not been issued with their own work vehicle. If this is not possible, the Company will seek to reduce the number of workers required to travel in each vehicle;
Working in smaller teams and practice distancing while onsite of 4m2 (2m either side) where possible and limit closer interactions for a maximum time of 15mins;
Staggering lunch breaks during the day and requiring workers to eat outside on their own, where possible;
4. Workplaces / Worksites:
Optical Terminations will be taking the following steps:
- Restricting non urgent maintenance work in Hospitals, Health Care Centre’s and Aged Care facilities;
- Organising delivery of products to work sites where possible;
- Telephoning customers before crews arrive to understand whether the customer is in isolation or a high-risk group;
- Limiting face to face interactions with all clients – where possible, crews will announce their arrival by phone and continue straight to the location of work with minimal human interaction.