Optical Terminations has a long and proud history of delivering high quality Fibre to the Premises (FTTP) networks for Developers, Carriers and Communities like Retirement Villages.
Developers are now able to integrate the building and community services for their developments onto the Fibre-to-the-Premises (FTTP) carrier networks. This allows them to add value and greatly reduce the cost of their projects by delivering most, if not all, services over a single set of telecommunications network infrastructure.
Optical Terminations is not a Carrier, but we work closely with Carriers to provide the optimal communications solution for the Developer, Builder and resident.
Advantages of our approach include less installation of different cables as the various signals can all be delivered directly into the unit over the fibre cable. This can amount to savings of up to $500 per unit. Over a 200 unit development this is a $100,000 saving, and results in a better service to the resident.
In addition to smaller riser spaces needed, the construction savings include no longer installing:
- IP intercom (audio and video)
- IP Closed Circuit TV (CCTV)
- Access control systems
- Security monitoring & alarm systems
- Building management systems
- Smart Home Controls, e.g. energy monitoring
- Utility metering, e.g. electricity, water, gas, etc.
- Medical alert & nurse call systems
- Community Wi-Fi
- Community electronic signage
- Community facilities Intranet
We are a finalist in the 2014 NECA Excellence Awards for our FTTP team.